Skip to main content
Make your own star decoration
This is a good activity to do with friends or family as it consists of making 6 separate points and combining them to make a star.
What you will need:
- Six pieces of paper (this could be an old envelope, newspaper or anything you can find. We used A4 paper in our film)
- Sellotape, stapler or glue
These instructions are for one point.
- Fold your first piece of paper to make a square and cut excess paper off
- With the point of the traingle pointing up, measure and mark every 3 cms along the bottom edge.
- Fold the triangle in half one more time
- Turn your triangle so it is a right angle ( imagine one side is going straight up - perpendicular)
- On the edge you have folded measure and mark a 1 cm line with pencil all the way down
- Cut diagonally across from your first marks you made to the 1 cm line
- Open and reveal diamond shapes
- Join together the tips of the centre diamond with tape, glue or a stapler
- Now turn it around and join the tips of the next diamond the other side - repeat this for all the diamonds.
- This makes one point of your 6 point star
Repeat all the steps above to make 6 points in toal
Connect all the star points together to create a star.
Sign up to our emails
Be the first to hear about our news, exhibitions, events and more…