Skip to main content
Invent and design your own tool
Use these examples to inspire your own designs for folding tools.
You will need:
- Card or Paper
- a pencil
- something to make a hole with
- something to attach them all together- a split pin would be ideal.
- Think about what tools would be useful for you? Do you need a finger prod to keep you on task, or perhaps a key that will open any door?
- Draw, design and cut out your tools.
- Make a hole at the bottom of each tool in the centre, you can use a hole punch or push a pencil through the hole with blu-tak underneath it.
- Make a tool case - cut an oblong piece of card that is bigger than your biggest tool. Then make a hole in it at the bottom like all the others.
- Thread and attach them all together (we used a ribbon, or a key chain ring).
Sign up to our emails
Be the first to hear about our news, exhibitions, events and more…